Seedtech offers the latest top performing Spring Bean variety genetics to the Irish market. For best yields choose Lynx. It has the added benefit of excellent Downy Mildew resistance, which is becoming more problematic as the bean area increases. Download our datasheet and growers guide below for further information.
Benefits of Growing Spring Beans
1. FIXED PRICE CONTRACTS BEFORE DRILLING:
Highly palatable feed ingredient that is in demand with our feed industry.
2. PROTEIN PAYMENTS & GREENING RULES:
All beans are eligible for protein payments and meet SFP greening requirements including EFA’s.
When prospective prices for cereals are low, beans are low cost but can be a very profitable crop.
4. EXCELLENT BREAK CROP OPTION:
Beans root deeply, fix nitrogen and can add a 0.5 t/ac to the following cereal crop with the possibility of a seed contract.
5. WIDE HARVESTING WINDOW:
Weather proof at harvest. Even when ripe, beans will withstand weeks of poor weather without significant losses.
Available Spring Beans Varieties
MOST WIDELY GROWN BEAN IN IRELAND 2018-2020View Datasheet
• Highest yielding bean on DAFM Rec List 2020
• Excellent disease resistance including Downy Mildew
• Excellent stem stiffness and harvest security