Spring Drilling Of Graham Winter Wheat from Seedtech
If we get a nice settled period in Dec-Jan, growers may need information on drilling GRAHAM winter wheat.
Some points to note when drilling GRAHAM in spring:
- GRAHAM can be safely drilled until end January based on its vernalisation requirement (7 weeks).
- GRAHAM maintains its relative superiority when drilled late (View table below, Syngenta UK trials 2017 & 2018; DD1 is September, DD2 is October, DD3 is November).
- DAFM drilled a winter wheat trial on 25th Feb 2013 with a control yield of 3.8 t/ac. EINSTEIN was a control in 2013 and it was like GRAHAM in its stem extension growth and grain fill. The best spring wheat DAFM trial 2013 yielded 3.9 t/ac.
- Teagasc will be recommending spring drilling of winter wheat varieties at their spring seminars and in their newsletters.
- All winter wheat varieties drilled from 1st Jan 2020 are counted as ‘spring wheat’ for the 2/3 crop rule calculation.
- Consult your Agronomist if you have any queries.
Visitors viewed the latest cereal & fungicide trials at the Seedtech & Syngenta open days last week
Last week Seedtech and Syngenta hosted their annual cereal...Read More
Cereal Crop Trial Update May/June 2015
Patsy Kehoe our Seed Trials Manager gives us a informative...Read More
Hybrid Barley, In-season Spraying & Disease Control Events May 2015
Seedtech and Syngenta are delighted to announce the details...Read More
Spring Oilseed Rape Hybrids
Spring Oilseed Rape is an ideal break crop and is an...Read More
Teagasc Forage Maize Seminar
Seedtech are delighted to support the upcoming Teagasc &...Read More