Spring Drilling Of Graham Winter Wheat from Seedtech
If we get a nice settled period in Dec-Jan, growers may need information on drilling GRAHAM winter wheat.
Some points to note when drilling GRAHAM in spring:
- GRAHAM can be safely drilled until end January based on its vernalisation requirement (7 weeks).
- GRAHAM maintains its relative superiority when drilled late (View table below, Syngenta UK trials 2017 & 2018; DD1 is September, DD2 is October, DD3 is November).
- DAFM drilled a winter wheat trial on 25th Feb 2013 with a control yield of 3.8 t/ac. EINSTEIN was a control in 2013 and it was like GRAHAM in its stem extension growth and grain fill. The best spring wheat DAFM trial 2013 yielded 3.9 t/ac.
- Teagasc will be recommending spring drilling of winter wheat varieties at their spring seminars and in their newsletters.
- All winter wheat varieties drilled from 1st Jan 2020 are counted as ‘spring wheat’ for the 2/3 crop rule calculation.
- Consult your Agronomist if you have any queries.
Husky Winter Oat - A reliable oat in winter
Winter crops took a savage beating from the weather over the...Read More
Hybrid Rye is a viable option to consider for Tillage Farmers in 2020
Over the past 4 years, Seedtech have been supporting farmers...Read More
Early PGR for Hybrid Barley goes a long way
As spring growth begins in earnest (after the vernal equinox),...Read More
An Advisors insight into Hybrid Barley Agronomy
After a very hard winter, we speak with James Hickey, Glanbia...Read More
Across Muir Éireann
As we start the second decade of the 21stcentury, the...Read More