Spring Drilling Of Graham Winter Wheat from Seedtech
If we get a nice settled period in Dec-Jan, growers may need information on drilling GRAHAM winter wheat.
Some points to note when drilling GRAHAM in spring:
- GRAHAM can be safely drilled until end January based on its vernalisation requirement (7 weeks).
- GRAHAM maintains its relative superiority when drilled late (View table below, Syngenta UK trials 2017 & 2018; DD1 is September, DD2 is October, DD3 is November).
- DAFM drilled a winter wheat trial on 25th Feb 2013 with a control yield of 3.8 t/ac. EINSTEIN was a control in 2013 and it was like GRAHAM in its stem extension growth and grain fill. The best spring wheat DAFM trial 2013 yielded 3.9 t/ac.
- Teagasc will be recommending spring drilling of winter wheat varieties at their spring seminars and in their newsletters.
- All winter wheat varieties drilled from 1st Jan 2020 are counted as ‘spring wheat’ for the 2/3 crop rule calculation.
- Consult your Agronomist if you have any queries.
Competition Winners Announced
Seedtech have today announced the three winners of their...Read More
Choose the Right Winter Barley Variety
Growers and agronomists selecting winter barley varieties for...Read More
2019 DAFM Winter Cereals Rec. List
The DAFM Winter Cereal Recommended Lists 2019 was recently...Read More
Video: Hybrid barley proves its worth to growers
As the harvest draws to a close for another year, Seedtech,...Read More
Hybrid Barley is Proving it’s Worth to Irish Growers
As the harvest draws to a close for another year, Seedtech...Read More